Thursday, January 24, 2008

Figured since I'm new on the hall...

I need to introduce myself!

My name is Katherine, and I live on-campus at Virginia Tech. Next semester, I plan on living off campus, but the purpose of this blog won't change much.

What is the blog's purpose?

Well, I love food. I love cooking food, eating food, and just being around food.

Food makes people happy and it brings them closer together. It add for a common bond that the whole world can share.

"You eat? Whoa man! I do too!"

Or something to that effect.

But living on campus has limited my opportunities to cook. Sure our dining halls are the best in the nation (Link) but you can still get tired of the same things, day in and day out. I'm very lucky to live in a small-ish girls' hall with a working, but temperamental oven and stove top. We also have a few necessities for baking and cooking at hand, a pair of vague skillets, two huge plastic bowls, and a few baking dishes for brownies and other such things.

I also invested in my own nine by thirteen inch (9'x13') pan so I'm not stealing the hall pans when I want to take a cake somewhere without cutting it first.

My roommate and I also share a hot pot and a microwave. Contrary to popular belief, these things are good for more than canned soups, Spaghettios, and Ramen.

So the point of this blog will be to achieve and share my cooking experiences on campus, and later, in my first apartment. I'll also do a little reflecting on what I'm eating in the dining halls if something strikes me.

So if you can't stand another dining hall burger, bookmark this blog and bask in the knowledge I will share.

-K

No comments: